Happy Halloween! (Okay, it’s Mischief Night, but close enough.)
Since it’s the end of a very eventful month, I thought I’d post a recap of everything that’s been going on in recent weeks. Top 5 List, anyone?
1. I finally broke that 50k mark I’ve been chasing for the last couple of months! Here’s an excerpt from the most recent scene:
Wyck looked in the mirror. The cut wasn’t too bad. The blood was already starting to dry at the edges. He took one finger and gingerly pressed against his cheekbone, causing the opening to widen slightly. With a grimace he pressed the bandage back against his cheek. It was deeper than he thought, but clean. With any luck it would heal quickly and leave behind a nice scar. Might not be a bad look, he thought with a smirk. He caught the sight of his own smile and let out a laugh. Might not be a bad look at all.
2. Prisoner Zero has escaped! Wait, no, I mean 198 pre-orders have been collected! 1! 9! 8! I’ve posted a meme montage at the bottom in an attempt to express my numerous feels. I’m still processing it all, but the main point is THANK YOU x198 !
3. NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) starts tomorrow at midnight! I may resemble a zombie throughout all of November, but it’s all for a good cause. I plan on blogging weekly about the process, so be sure to check in if you’re interested in learning what participation in NaNoWriMo is all about.
4. I’ve started a short story that I’ll be entering into the Earth In The Year 10,000 contest featured in >this blog post<. I’m going pretty dark with this one, so fair warning to anyone expecting aliens or fairies. This will be more angels and demons, and perhaps even dragons.
5. This website went live! But of course you know that, you’re here! If you haven’t already, be sure to check out the first four blog posts: Getting to Know Myths Mists & Musings, Ten Tips for NaNoWriMo, Artist Spotlight: Davis Beam, & Author Interview: Earth In The Year 10,000
As promised, here’s a visual montage of my many recent feelings!